What is a 1099-NEC?

This tax season, you'll receive a 1099-NEC if you earned over $600 through Jobble in 2021.

The 1099-NEC (Nonemployee Compensation) form is how the IRS wants you to report self-employment income moving forward. Here is more detailed information about the 1099-NEC form.

In the past, you may have received a 1099-MISC form from Jobble. This year, that form changed from Miscellaneous Income to Miscellaneous Information. The new 1099-NEC is the correct form to file with your taxes this year to report your income from 2021.